Thursday, May 28, 2009

Internet Based 3D Virtual Worlds (IB3DVW)

Q: In your blog, share your thoughts about Second Life and 3-D virtual reality. What do you think of the technology? Do you see a use for it in your library world? Are we competing with virtual reality worlds now – will we in the future?


A: I just finished watching the presentation about Second Life... wow! I had no idea! While I haven't had a chance to actually log onto Second Life from home, the presentation really opened my eyes to another world. I think the technology is amazing and was surprised to learn of all the mainstream companies and organizations that have a presence in SL.

I do see the need to have libraries present in such a virtual world. If millions of people are already and will increasingly do business in such a forum, we have to remain and enhance our presence by way of providing resources and programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment