Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chain, Chain, Change........

Q: Take a look at our new mission statement. What part of the mission statement do you connect with? Which part speaks or draws you in? How do you see us creating a well-informed, well-connected community, making Orange County a great place to live, learn, work, and play?

A: Since I began employment with OCLS just a few months ago, I am not familiar with our old mission statement. What I knew about OCLS before working here and now knowing what I have learned since working here, I believe the mission statement captures our essence.

The part of the statement that speaks to me is the idea that we "bring value to the residents". While we measure this value by recording the statistics of how many card holders we have and how many people attended one of our program, the most important values cannot be measured - building knowledge, awareness, imagination and inspiration. These impacts that we make on people and our community is what gets me excited about OCLS!

Reading about the various technological innovations in this lesson really opened my eyes to how there are really no boundaries in this evolution. OCLS has enormous opportunity to support a well-informed, well-connected community. We must be vigilant in keeping up with the latest innovations and providing resources on how to access them and in some cases, provide that access. These are exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment