Thursday, January 22, 2009

Web 2.0 Continues

The two Web 2.o apps I chose are:


Bloglines (www.bloglines.com)


Bloglines is a FREE online service that helps you subscribe to and manage lots of web information, such as news feeds, weblogs and audio. Bloglines tracks the information you're interested in, retrieves new stuff as it happens, and organizes everything for you on your own personal web news page.


I love this service because I am able to access all the blogs I am interested in through my cell phone. It allows me to save the blog as unread and come back to it. Most importantly, it allows me to email the blogline entry link without having to go the the actual blog to forward it on.



Backpack is a web-based service that makes organizing your information incredibly easy. Backpack lets you make pages which can contain any combination of notes, to-dos, images, files, etc. You can keep these pages to yourself or share them with colleagues, co-workers, friends, or family.


This is a really cool site that I found by poking around the site. You can create a site that can be private or shared. I am definitely going to use this for the non-profit I am involved with.



I also watched the Clay Shirky video and found it very interesting. His comments really made me think about what the future might look like. I actually forwarded it to some of my friends that I think would also find it interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment